Friday, April 29

College Graduate

My life as a college student has ended. Tomorrow, I get that very costly piece of paper, proving that I have a Bachelors degree in Music Business.

High school graduation seemed way cooler. Everyone threw parties, we got tons of money and free stuff, and it didn't matter if you went to college afterwards or not. College graduates usually get a high five, a 'congratulations,' and if they are lucky, a family party, and then expected be have their life set in front of them. Not me. Nope. I have no idea what I'm doing, starting Monday of next week. It's exciting and scary all at the same time, knowing that I can do anything and everything I want.

May is the month of graduations, and thousands of students will be looking for jobs. It takes, on average, 9 months to get a job after graduation. So I know I will be lucky if something pops up, and will do whatever I can (with some limits) to start paying off loans, and make some money. It's going to be a struggle, but I'm ready for it. Heck, I just finished nine semesters of college in four years, with my most recent semester being filled with 19 credits. I'm ready to prove to the world what I got, and learn what the world has for me.

I love opening up new chapters in my book.

peace and love.
kails.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you're feeling Kailee. We are in this together!

    ReplyDelete