Saturday, November 20

The Best Organization

I have always had a passion for music. A lot of people have a passion for music. It moves people. It makes people feel differently. It motivates, strengthens, softens, changes. The one main reason that I love music so much is how it's a universal language. No matter who you are, where you come from, what you believe in, the language you speak, everyone can understand music. It might not make you feel the same as the person sitting next to you, but you are moved in some way or another.
Another passion concerning music, that I have, is Bob Marley. I could go on and on about the things he did for our world and his people and how much of an inspiration the man was and still is. He strengthened his community and moved people to look at life in different ways.
I saw a bus awhile ago in downtown St. Paul with the words, "Playing for Change." I love non-profit organizations so I immediately went home and checked out what it was. It was so exhilarating viewing everything about this organization and what they did. I felt like finally I have a way to show people the way music affects me and my strongest motivation for music. Playing For Change began with a mission to record musicians off the street. They take these random, and sometimes homeless, musicians and record them playing a part of a song, whether it be the melody or harmony. As they travel, they add more musicians to the same song and soon they have one song pieced together by musicians from all over the world. These musicians may never meet each other but they have created music together. The organization also has a foundation devoted to bringing music education to kids all over the world.
Playing for Change is such a powerful and motivational organization. They show so much by forming music from artists all over the world. Music is the one and only universal language and that is something that can never be torn apart. Please, please, please check them out HERE! And take a look at both of these videos. How powerful...









peace and love.
kails.

No comments:

Post a Comment